Monday, February 15, 2021

The Butler: Mr. Carter

 There weren't very many children that Princess Marlee knew. She was royalty after all and didn't associate with the lower class. She knew that some of the trades people had children. Did she want them for friends? She had to think about this. She was really lonely and had no one to talk to but the butler and some of the other help in the castle. The cook and the dishwasher in the huge kitchen seemed to be friends. They were always laughing and talking to each other. She didn't have anyone to laugh with. Whenever she went to the kitchen they quit talking and laughing and asked her what she wanted. The butler just kept a straight face and didn't seem like he wanted to visit with her either. He always said, "Yes, your grace, no your grace, right away your grace." 

                                                                  The Butler: Carter


Mr. Carter's father had been the previous butler, and his father before him. Being a butler was all that he knew how to do. He supervised the staff in the huge castle. He would answer the doors for visitors. He liked most of the staff.                                  
The cook and the dishwasher always seemed to like him. They would put out snacks for him without saying anything. He slyly put them either in his coat pocket or let them be until his duties for the day were over. Then he would take them to his tiny room that was on the third floor. On his way to his room he would see the princess in her room with her silly little dog. Her room was always a mess. "She doesn't take care of anything." The bureau drawers were left hanging open and the dog was inevitably on her bed. "Disgraceful; that's what it is, just disgraceful." That dog has a crown with jewels and all I have is a cold and tiny room with an occasional treat from the kitchen staff. It's not right."

"Now she says that she's going to have a party and wants me to help her. I have never helped with a child's party before. That's something I can't even imagine doing. That's something for the Queen to do or perhaps the King's mother. She seems to bend to her every whim. Perhaps I shall speak with her about this situation."

Grandma Lu started reading out loud. She grinned this was great. It would make a good story. Marlee said, "I don't like it. You need to do it over. I'm not spoiled like that."

                                                                             Whitlee Jo

 In the corner, Whitlee rolled her eyes, and said to herself, "I'm outta here. Grandma Lu has it right! I think I like that lady. I have some plans to make. I have decided that I will have a party of my own. Pretty soon I'm going home and get all dressed up and get it started. I'm going to Unilan' and find a friend of my very own. I don't need to write it down. I don't know what the big deal is about a book. I'll take my uni with me and we will have lots of fun. I think my party will be better than Moo's."



"Hmm, I wonder which way I should go. Maybe I should go back home for a little while, I'm starting to get a little cold. I forgot my mittens and a snack in case I get hungry.  Now which way did I turn...."

4 comments:

  1. My three year old granddaughter's room when she was little! She now organizes her mother's pantry! Oh how things change. Carter makes a good butler taken straight out of the 1800's in Old England. Great pictures everyone. Remember Wefunland and Unilan are make believe lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a cute story. Looking forward to the next story. And you do have Whit and Moo pegged lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv this story , it's going to be exciting to watch it play out. ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like this is going to be a good one .😀❤

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...