Friday, February 12, 2021

Parties Are Like Life; So Many Details

 The next day Marlee and Grandma Lu started to gather up all of their notes to decide if they needed more things and people to add to their story. They had the castle, the princess who Marlee decided would be Princess Marlee, and they had decided that the name of the land that the princess lived in was to be called Wefunland. Grandma Lu had suggested that the princess have a party to make new friends. They had decided on the party to be a sleepover. So Grandma Lu said, "Well, the invitations should say when the party is, and to bring your own blanket or stuffed animal. What do you think about it being on Valentines Day, Marlee? You could have the boys and girls make Valentines boxes. Wouldn't that be fun?"

Marlee said, "No boys! I just want girls at my party." Grandma B and Grandma Lu laughed and Grandma Lu said, "Why don't you want boys? They make really good friends and if you remember, you always wanted a Prince Charming in your other story that we wrote together." "Nope, I'm all bigger now; no boys." So Grandma Lu said, "Okay, we are partners so I'll help you write a story with no boys, but I think you just might change your mind. Anyway, you have to decide who to invite and how many to invite. You know when you have a party you have to have food. What are you going to have them eat? Are you going to have a cook in your story or are you going to do the cooking?"

"Yes I need a cook. I want to have steak. I want my cook to be a girl. They can cook better." Whitlee thought to herself, "I think Mah can cook good too. She makes good corn dogs. Have corn dogs to eat in your story, Moo. Lots of corndogs!"

Grandma Lu grinned at Whitlee and said, "Okay, Marlee, are you ready to start the story? I think we should start with the princess sending out the invitations. What do you think?"
Marlee, said, "Yes, I can just see it now. Princess Marlee writing out her invitations. Oh she has such a beautiful blue dress....."


Whitlee thought, "I'd rather sit on my daddy's lap than write any silly story."


But Grandma Lu was getting out her computer just itching to get this story started.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, Marlee boys will turn out to be very important in your story. And by the way so are details. I always forgot to serve the gallons of baked beans along the way. Two huge open houses I was left with baked beans! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be exciting..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be exciting..

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...