Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Jordan Says Kings Don't Take Naps In The Kitchen!

 Grandma Lu stopped telling her story and took a sip of cool iced tea. She grinned at her little audience and said, "Well, what do you think? Do you think that Princess Marlee is going to drink the pomegranate juice? If she does do you think the Wicked Witch put something bad in the pomegranate? I think the Wicked Witch was wearing Winston's magic cap. What do you think? There are lots and lots of things going on in the forest isn't there? Then there is poor Felix now waddling and quacking and looking like a duck. What is Moss doing? She and Mr. Eagle are pretty much in charge of everything that is going on in the forest. Is Adalynn ever going to graduate from the Good Witch school? She has to give Lightfoot a birthday party for her good deed. Is Myla ever going to get to have a swan ride and is Charlie's chicken going to forever stay a rabbit? Oh Mercy! Who has any answers?" When she looked to the back of the room she saw Marlee grinning. She asked Marlee what she thought. "Well, I think the witch put something in the pomegranate to make the Princess sleepy, but I can't figure out what else is going to happen."

"Okay, Marlee. I think you are on the right track. I think that's exactly what that witch did. The cook did make the juice for Princess Marlee, but someone else that lived in the castle loved pomegranate juice just as much as she did. The King! Oh no! That's exactly what happened. The King decided to go to the kitchen for a snack and saw the cook making juice for his daughter. He told her to make another glass for Princess Marlee. He couldn't wait to go back to his study and had a big drink of the delicious juice. All of a sudden he got very sleepy. He just quietly sat down and took a little nap."


The children all laughed and said, "That's so funny. Kings don't take naps in the castle kitchen," Jordan said. The other children said, "What about Princess Marlee? Did she drink any of the juice?"

Grandma Lu said, "Yes she did, but not very much. She finished the juice that her father had left in the glass. Then she decided to go for a walk in the forest.

As she walked through the beautiful trees she too became very tired. When she walked into a lovely group of trees there was the most beautiful bed she had ever seen. The pillows were as soft as marshmallows and the covers were sprinkled with rose petals. Oh it was so beautiful.  She was so very tired she didn't think it would hurt if she just laid down for a few minutes. After all her father had taken a nap in the kitchen!

Little did Princess Marlee know, but the Wicked Witch was hiding behind the tree. She was going to put a spell on her, but she hadn't made up her mind what she was going to do. She had lots of choices in her book. She could turn her into any animal she liked, or she could have her be a poor little girl like she used to be. Yes, that's what I'll do, but I need to go check my book to see if I have everything I need for my spell. It will be my last one, so I want to do a good job."

"Winston said, "Buzz, did you hear that? The Wicked Witch is going to put a spell on Princess Marlee. We have to do something quick. Let me think. He put his hand to his chin and thought really really hard until he had the solution.


 I think I know what happened. I bet you a nickel she found my magic cap. Somehow we have to get Mr. Eagle to get it back. Will you help me old friend?"

Grandma Lu cocked her head to one side and thought, "I must be hearing things. I thought I heard a motorcycle revving up out on the parking lot." Then she continued telling her story.

2 comments:

  1. I think Jordan is absolutely right! Oh that Wicked Witch what is she going to do? Poor Princess Marlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those witches cant be trusted.lol

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...