Monday, June 7, 2021

The Enchanted Forest: Felix Has A Feather On His Nose?!

 Felix was feeling so free! He had gotten out of what he now considered jail. A home he used to love and think that he was loved, was now just a place to eat dry cat food and sleep. No one told him he was special or beautiful. No one gave him special tidbits of people food any more. And the worst part was that he was given a metal food dish and a plastic water dish. He softly growled his displeasure as he zig zagged in and out of the trees and away from the street lights. He had seen the three cats in the window, but he knew they wouldn't snitch on him. What business was it of theirs anyway? He had been punished for breaking into Marleewood just because Grandma Lu was allergic to cats. Well, he knew approximately where the Wicked Witch lived. It was somewhere deep in the Enchanted Forest. He figured that he could get her to put a spell on his humans. That would serve them right. He soon realized that he was on the right trail. He could hear her laugh. He didn't much like the sound of it. It was kind of creepy sounding actually.

 He soon found himself face to face with the woman. She was holding a bird cage up to the moon and laughing at a poor little hummingbird that lay inside the cage. Felix ordinarily didn't like birds and liked to chase them, but he sure didn't like to see a wild bird inside a cage. What was she saying to that little bird. "Anna Anna Puddin and Pie Put a birdie in a cage  Anna Anna now you taste the bitter sage. Never again will you swoop and fly. Now you cannot warn Miss Moss. Felix the cat will soon be lost, she chuckled. I will fool his plan. I won't put a spell on his humans, but upon him, the naughty little feline.

"What? She is going after me? Now what? I have to get out of here as fast as my four furry legs will carry me. Wait! I can't feel my legs. I am not running. I am waddling. I only have two feet. I have no claws! What is happening? There is a feather on my nose. It's not a nose it's a bill! I don't have a bill. I have a beautiful nose. Oh I want to go... quack quack. 

"Ha ha my pretty little duck. You used to be a naughty little cat that was always up to mischief. Well, I am the queen of mischief, my pretty. You shall live in a cage and lay eggs for my breakfast. You shall eat bugs and grass if I feel like letting you out of your cage. The feather on your bill is for you to always remember that I am your master. You no longer have a soft bed to sleep on and a human lap to sit on. You belong to me!

Mr. Eagle had seen it all. Moss had been delayed in shooing Felix out of the forest because she had Myla wanting her to grant a wish and Adalynn to help do a good deed. She had gotten side tracked and now Felix was in a cage eating bugs for breakfast. Myla hadn't yet gotten a swan ride and Adalynn hadn't given Lightfoot a birthday party. Things were falling apart in the forest. Myla said, "Adalynn, how can you always be so happy? I am sad that I am not getting to have a swan ride, but you are smiling. You are not giving Lightfoot his birthday party. Maybe you won't graduate into the Good Witch School."



Adalynn grinned at her friend and said, "Because I know if I work really hard at doing good things for people and the wildlife in the forest all will be well. Just wait and see. I think it will all work out."

It was really bad timing for little Winston to be in the enchanted forest. He was attempting to get to Marleewood to see his friend, Faun. He could hear the Wicked Witch laughing and knew he had to get to safety as soon as possible. Up ahead he saw a clearing. He couldn't believe his eyes. There gathered together were folks just like him, only they were camping! It was a Gnome RV Park right in the middle of the forest. Maybe they could help him get out and into safety. For the first time since he had taken the short cut through the forest he felt hope in his little gnome heart that he would shortly be reunited with his friend.


2 comments:

  1. I love Adalynn's attitude. Just be patient and all will be well. But oh sometimes it is so hard to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes very hard to be patient but tomorrow will be a different day!

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...