Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Mr. Eagle Remembers A Magic Potion

 The king had been searching for his little girl. He just knew that his sister, the Wicked Witch had put a spell on his precious daughter. It seemed like he had searched the entire forest. He needed a rest so he decided to go back to the castle and sit for awhile before he went out again. He happened to notice a piece of paper near the door. When he picked it up he saw that it was an invitation to a birthday party for a little horse. "I am certainly not in the mood for a party. My little girl is missing. I can think of nothing else until I find her alive and well." He threw the invitation back on the ground and went to rest inside the castle.

Mr. Eagle had seen Oliver, the owl drop the invitation at the castle door. He wondered what his friend was thinking inviting the king to a party when he was sad because his little girl was missing.  He knew his friend was a very wise old owl, but in this case he just could not agree. He thought for awhile. He knew that Winston and Buzz had been at the RV camp and were disagreeing about saving one of the gnomes from the Wicked Witch. He decided to take Winston's magic cap with him to the RV camp and see if he couldn't perform a little magic himself. He had heard stories of his third and forth cousins that lived across the big ocean. They had seen magic long before he was ever born. The magic was called ice cream. If  Mr. Eagle was right, this magic potion just might be the answer to everyone's problems. He was going to give it a try. It didn't take long to get there. He let go of Winston's magic cap and it landed right by the garden gnomes. "I couldn't have aimed it any better. Now do your work, Winston. Make ice cream the key to make everyone happy." He grinned to himself and there it was. An old ice cream maker. His ancestors' humans were well known for being one of the very first to invent ice cream. After Winston saw his cap he was so happy! He quickly put it on, said a few words over the ice cream maker, and grinned from ear to ear. He gave Buzz the nodd that all was well. Buzz and Winston quickly loaded up the old gnome who had been sleeping in the hammock into a little side car that was hitched up to his motorcycle. They put the ice cream maker beside the old gnome and Buzz  headed towards the farmer's home. Winston rode in the side car too so everyone was safe. They were going to a party! A very special party.





People and animals were all making their way to the farmer's home. They just couldn't wait. It was way past time for a party. But the Park Ranger was confused. She couldn't figure out why everyone was traveling to one end of the forest. It looked to her like they were all headed to the farmer's home. Suddenly a little girl came rushing up to her and said, "You look like a Park Ranger. Will you help me look for a cat? His name is Felix. And another thing. Can you find somewhere for this naughty duck to live. It's chasing me and it even bit my ankle. I think it needs to live on a farm. I don't know where it is now. I think I ran fast enough to get away from it."


The Park Ranger smiled and said, "Sure, I'll help you. Maybe he went there on his own. It's just down the path a little ways. Say, do you know where everyone is going? Even the animals seem happier and the birds are chirping their happy songs. Come with me and I will show you the way."
Kylee shook her head , but said, "Okay, but I need to be home by supper time. It looks like it's getting late already."


The party was going to happen soon, but Adalynn was worried about the birthday cake she was making for Lightfoot. She had never made a cake before at least not one made for a horse. She happened to think of a young girl that loved to bake. "I wonder if Arie could help me. I bet she would. I'm going to run over there to see."

Adalynn was running short of time so she ran then jogged, then ran again until she got to Arie's house. She was in the kitchen making cupcakes! "How lucky am I?" she thought. She had to stop for a minute to catch her breath. She said, "Arie, will you help me? I need to make a birthday cake for a horse. I have never done that before. Arie grinned and said, "Me neither. I do know one thing though; it doesn't go in the oven like these cupcakes. Let me look at my cookbook and see if it has a recipe for one. She looked through the pages and said, "I can't believe it! Here is a recipe for a birthday cake for a horse. Plus it is so simple. I think I even have the ingredients. You need Oats, honey, carrots, and an apple. You don't bake it. You just smush it together in a pan," she giggled.


"Oh you are a wonderful friend. Will you come to the party with me? Bring your cupcakes too for the humans. I don't think they would like an oat cake" she laughed. Arie laughed with her. That was a good joke. She said she would love to come to the party. She would be ready in a Jiffy.....

2 comments:

  1. Personally I don't know anyone that doesn't smile when they hear the word ice cream. I just had to add a little trivia to the story. Ice cream or sherbet was actually invented in Iran and Pakistan. The Golden Eagle lives there and is very beautiful (4th cousin) ahem...I hope Kylee gets home soon. The sky is getting dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pakistan? We always made Icecream in a White Mountain ice cream freezer. Banana, peach, strawberry and vanilla so yummy

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...