Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Marlee's Life Was Busy While Grandma Lu Was On Vacation

 Grandma Lu opened the door with a big smile on her face. "Well, my goodness, Marlee. I had no idea you were coming over. Does Grandma B know you are here? Oh good. I'll be glad to see her. Well, come on in. How about a cookie? Great. Now sit down and tell me all about what's been going on in your life while Fran and I were on vacation.  I knew you were going to have your tonsils out. How did that go? Oh, well that happens, but your sore throat is all better now, isn't it? Just think you hopefully won't get sore throats and sick any more. You know my little girl was only four years old when she had hers out. That's been over fifty years ago. Time sure flies by. I can remember that day like it was yesterday. Would you like a glass of water with that cookie? Great.

 No I haven't started another story yet. I've been busy unloading the camper and getting things put away. Sure, I don't see why I couldn't add your picture to a story. That will make it a good memory for you. I still have my daughter's certificate that says she is a member of the Tonsils out club. I probably keep things too long, but they are fun to look at.

Did you and Whitlee go to the Fall Festival? I heard that it was a good one. Your daddy had men sign up for a beard contest? I bet that was fun. Did you go on rides? They are fun aren't they? Did your friends go too? Hopefully, Grandma B has some pictures to show me when she gets here. Oh I see her coming down the sidewalk now.

Grandma Lu gave her friend a big hug and told her to sit while she got her a cup of coffee and a cookie. "So tell me everything that's been going on since I left. Marlee told me a lot about her tonsillectomy and the festival. Oh good. I love pictures. Let me see.



Look at Paisley's funnel cake! Oh my. Those are my very favorite. The float is wonderful. Lady Tigers  celebrating their one hundred fifty years. Imagine that!

This is the month and also next month for fall festivals all over the place! You know Stockton had it's annual Walnut Festival too. I think it was the 62nd. I'm not for sure. But they had beautiful weather. Margaret had her boys there. She sent me a picture. Just a minute. There. They are getting so big too. They looked like they had a ball watching the parade.


You know Marlee, there is another little girl whose name is Marlee in my stories. You might have seen her picture. Her little brother just had his tonsils and adenoids out too. He is doing very well. You kids are tough. He especially likes slushies!


B look. Face painting is a thing isn't it? I don't ever remember face painting when my kids were little. Look this is Regan and here's Myla. It looks like fun.


You know, Marlee, I've been thinking. When I was little and even when I was a grownup there never was anyone I knew with the same name as mine. There aren't very many Marlees either. I think it would be fun to put you and the other Marlee in the same town in Texas. What do you think? She gave Marlee a hug and laughed, "My name hasn't always been Grandma Lu. My real first name is LuAnne. I was named after my two grandmothers.  I'm just about ready to start writing again. Okay. I think next week the two Marlee's just might meet each other in a grocery store. Grocery stores are always a fun place to meet new people. Maybe they will end up being friends. Okay then. How about another cookie? Don't mind if I do.

2 comments:

  1. The Dude Ranch series continues next week. See you then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good time on your vacation. We sure stayed busy while you were gone. lol Lookong forward fot more dude ranch stories.we love you gma Lu

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...