Monday, January 30, 2023

Grandma Lu Pulled A Trick On Her Friend

 "Fess up to what, B? I'm not hiding anything. You are just being silly. K.R. is just a made up character in the Double D Ranch series from last year. Come on let's have a cup of coffee. I even have cookies in the cupboard!"

"Well, I think I would like to know who this K.R. person is. It looks to me like he is in a Texas prison, Lu. Is there something you'd like to tell me? Do you know this K.R.? This is addressed to you. You were supposed to sign for it, but the mailman heard you talking so he let me sign for you." He gave the letter to Grandma Lu and waited for her answer.

"Oh don't be silly. B and I are going to have a cup of coffee. Why don't you go back to your movie. We shall talk later. Come on B. Bring all of your questions and suspicions with you and I'll tell you how silly you are."

"Grandma Lu, can I come in? Is Grandma B having coffee with you? Do you have cookies? Yay!"

Just as they were all going to sit down for a visit, B's phone rang. "Okay. Sure. Marlee you and I have to go back to my house. Your mom and dad are there wanting you to go home. It's almost time for supper." She looked at her old friend and said, "I will be back. You aren't getting away with this, you know."

When Grandma Lu made sure that her friend and Marlee were gone she went in the living room and picked up the letter and laughed. "You did good, my dear. We really have her going now, don't we? I wonder how soon she will be back badgering me about that letter. I have an idea. Why don't we go on a short road trip for a couple of days. She can stew about it while we are gone. I'd like to go someplace peaceful and quiet. You can take the boat and fish. Why don't we take the camper? We need to get it out more. It just sits there gathering dust." Then she started laughing. "It's a good thing she didn't ask to see that letter. I did a terrible job of making that envelope and there wasn't a thing in it! Oh that was fun.


 Well, what do you say? Are you thinking about taking me up on a little trip? Cool. I'll go pack some things and I'll be ready to go. Grab my laptop please. That's the whole idea of getting away for awhile. I need some time to think and get back in my writing mode again. I really miss it; plus I could really go for some fresh fish to eat. Don't forget your fishing license." She grinned as she watched him go out the door. "I don't need one. I'm old remember? Go ahead and get things together. I need to go to the bank and get some money and get the truck gassed up. And I want my silver dollar back!"

On the way home from her Grandma B's house Marlee told her dad that Grandma Lu and Grandma B were acting kinda strange. "I think Grandma Lu is hiding something from Grandma B. " Her dad laughed and said, About the only thing she would hide from my mom is cookies. Come here and sit on my lap you can "drive home, okay?" Soon she forgot about the grandmas and started playing with Whitlee until supper was ready.

2 comments:

  1. Well I wonder where they are going? I can just imagine Grandma Lu grinning as she was planting the picture and silver dollar for her friend to find. lol I have a feeling their trip will not be as peaceful as they think it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricky Trickery lol.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...