Monday, February 13, 2023

K.R. Might Be Allergic To Cats!

 The girls were anxious to get to school to see everyone's costumes for the one hundred days of school celebration. The teachers had told everyone that they could dress up like old people do if they wanted to. They had told their parents and each were wearing gray wigs and glasses on chains. Regan was using a cane and Emma was carrying a handbag like she had seen older ladies use. They complimented each other on how old they looked and giggled as they walked.

As they continued on their way they saw a camper parked at the bank across the street. "Isn't that Grandma Lu's husband getting money out of the ATM? Looks like they are going on vacation. Mom usually takes care of their dog when they are gone, but she didn't say anything to me."

"I don't think that is Grandma Lu in the camper, Regan. I think that's a man in there. I just saw his head in the window. I wonder who that is and where did he go? I don't see him now."

Emma giggled and said, "Well, why don't we cross the street and find out? We still have plenty of time to get to school before the bell rings." Regan shrugged her shoulders and said, "Okay, but look both ways and we have to make it quick. We don't want to be late on a special day like today. I had better send my cat home. She doesn't belong in school without permission."


She told her cat to scat and both girls watched as the cat started back towards home. Then they looked both ways and made their way to the bank's ATM to talk to Grandma Lu's husband. Emma thought she heard something in the camper and jumped a little bit. Regan said, "Hi! Are you and Grandma Lu going on vacation? Where are you going? How long are you going to be gone? Who's in the camper now? Is Grandma Lu in there? Can we quick say hi to her? Oh, really?  We sure thought we saw and heard someone in there. Oh well, okay then. We'd better hurry. Glad you like our outfits. Do we look old? Have a good time and tell Grandma Lu we will send her some pictures of the one hundred days of school. Maybe she can use them in her stories. Bye!" And they were on their way...
                                                                      &&&&

"Nosy little girls. They act just like my nosy next door neighbors used to. Made me stub my toe. Ouch, it hurts and now I'm going to have to get back under the bed. He'd better hurry up and get back home to pick up Lu so we can get on the highway and I can quit hiding. I need to get to Texas to claim my share of that ranch and start digging out the silver I know is still in that mine."
                                                                  &&&&

"I wonder what those little girls saw or thought they saw in the camper. Maybe I should just check it out while I'm in town close to a gas station. Could be something fell out of the fridge. I'd better check and make sure I have everything tied down and secure before we take off. I do need to put my fishing poles under the bed before we take off. First thing I'm going to do is stop and get some bait and put in the fridge. That always get's the old girl's goat. I do it just on purpose. Love to hear her yell." He chuckled to himself as he opened up the door and walked through the camper. Everything was as it should be. He closed the door and walked to the truck and didn't realize that he had closed the door on Regan's cat, Addison, who was sleeping on the bed in the back of the camper.

K.R.'s nose was tingling. "Oh I can't sneeze now, he thought. I can still hear him out there going through stuff. What is he doing?" He put his finger under his nose and pushed really hard. "Boy, that was a close one. I almost sneezed and gave myself away. Come on old man. Let's get this show on the road. Achoo!"

Fran thought he heard something just as he closed and locked the back camper door. "I must be hearing things. Those girls put the idea in my head there was someone in there." He shook his head and started the truck. He stopped at the closest bait shop, picked up a new net that he'd been meaning to buy for some time and a package of worms. Soon he was pulling in the driveway to pick up his wife and whatever she had to put in the camper. He grinned. He could see it all now. A big old catfish, a campfire, and a sky bright with stars. His kind of heaven. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see if Grandma Lu's husband puts fishing poles under the bed and what he finds! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what are you up too?

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...