Monday, February 27, 2023

Ms. Kate Does Not Take Kindly To Strangers

 Ms. Kate was angry. She really didn't know why she was, but she was. She felt like her life was slipping by and had nothing to show for the five years she had lived on this farm. She had had no adventures, no fun, no nothing. She even had all of her nine lives left! No one in her family had ever had such a dull life. She had listened to stories of her mother telling of her and her aunt's fun during their lives and felt so sorry for herself. She had no clue where her mother was now; probably out having fun somewhere. 

She laid down on the comfortable sofa in the humans' living room. "Well, this is a plus. At least I have somewhere warm and comfortable to live, but that's all. I've had several cat naps today and there was not a one of them that had a friend in it. I have never ever had a friend! When I get sad I have no one to tell. When I want to share my hopes and dreams to a friend there is no one. I'm so very lonely. What a sad life I've had. The lady that lives here has a friend. Her name is Grandma Lu. I heard her talking about seeing the camper uptown and that they must be going on vacation. Vacation. What would that be like? I would love to see something or somewhere new. Grandma Lu lives just down the road. I wonder if they would take me along. It would be such fun! I've never had any fun."

Just then she heard one of the young people say they were going to town and meet some friends for a burger and fries. She didn't know what that was, but she was going to tag along. She'd have to be careful not to be seen. "That's the easy part. No one ever notices me anyway. Gray fur, yuk! Why couldn't I have been born a beautiful calico cat? They are so beautiful, but of course, they let you know it too. I can remember one time...Hey! Who are you and what are you doing in here? Get out! This is my couch!"

"Calm down old lady. My name is Rowdy. I've traveled a long ways and I am tired, so move over. Have you got a soft blanket or something? I'm cold and my paws are about shot. What's your name anyway? Come on! Get over!"

"I'll have you know my name is Ms. Kate and this is my home. We do not take kindly to strangers especially ones that mew like they don't even live in these parts. Where did you come from, anyway? And don't you think for a minute that I will share my food with you. I have my own dish and nobody touches it but me. I think it's time for you to scat, cat!"

"Ms.? Oh so you are single? Do you have any kittens around here? Never been married or had kits? I'm so very happy to hear this; me either. I'll tell you what, if you get me some food (some mouse pie would be nice especially if it's warm), and a place where I can rest for awhile you can go with me. I'm on my way to Texas."

"The audacity of you inviting yourself into not only my home but presuming that I will treat you as a welcome guest. I have not had any mouse pie since I was a very young kitten. Plus go away with you? You yourself said your paws were shot. How on earth would we travel hundreds of miles to Texas?"

"Just up the road a few minutes ago I saw a cat jump into a camper that an old man had hooked up to his truck. You can't ever tell. He might be going our way. Let's give it a try. We can find some food on the way. I know that campers have furniture in them that is soft. I traveled in one part way here. Come on! Life's too short not to have an adventure. Well? What do you say? How many lives have you used up? None? You are young yet, live a little, girl!"

                                                                         &&&&&

Addison was trapped in a fishing net. She had worked herself out of the mountains of pillows on the bed in the camper, but now how was she going to get out of this predicament? The human yelled at her for making him sneeze and went out the door and left her to fend for herself. Addison remembered all of the things that had happened to her in her life and decided to take a deep breath and relax. The ribs that she had broken when she fell from that big tree hurt when she took big deep breaths. What she needed was a plan. She had her two front paws caught in the net, but her back paws were free and she was able to breathe small breaths. If she just had a little help she could make it. Then she noticed that the human had not completely shut the door. She laid there looking at the sunbeams bouncing off the wall. Where there was a will there was a way. She mewed softly, but loud enough for someone to hear.

                                                                        &&&&&

"K.R. watched from behind their house as his step sister and her husband put things in the back seat of the pickup. He had a plan. Lu and her husband thought they were just going fishing so they could enjoy themselves. Ha! No they were going to Texas and he would finally get his hands on the silver mine at the Double D. He deserved it. Yes, he was old, but that didn't matter. He could spend money in his seventies just as well as he could have in his forties. Yes. He was going to be rich and Lu was going to see that his dreams were going to come true..

4 comments:

  1. The next story should be interesting three cats and a step brother Poor Grandma Lu. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love It ❤️ , Oma

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I can only imagine whats going to happen next. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you now have to type in your name if you don’t want anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...