Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Marlee and the Door and the Bruise

Marlee was in a bad mood the other day.
 "It didn't seem that anything went right. First thing that happened is that I had to sit on that stupid chair again. Then after that I dropped a cheese puff and Stashia ate it! Things went from bad to worse. I wanted to help Grandma B get myself dressed and I got two legs in one of my pants legs and Grandma B seemed upset with me. Good grief, I can help." I kept saying, "I do it, B. That did not seem to be the right thing to say." She said, "Another time, Marlee, B is in a hurry today. We have lots of things to get done. The rain came and that makes the lawn pretty and green That also means it needs to be mowed. I want to get that all done before the sun comes out and it gets hot.

Marlee said, "Okay, B, I'll hurry." Right about then, Marlee had an accident. She had to get herself untangled from her pants. She was trying to hurry, truly she was, when it happened! Marlee turned around and started to run to her clothes that were on the floor. She didn't watch where she was going and ran right into the bedroom door. Wham!
Grandma B ran over to Marlee and said, "Oh, my goodness, Marlee, are you okay?" Well Marlee had started to cry and Stashia came over, then Spaz started to meow and have a little dance. Then the phone rang, then someone knocked at the door! It was the man that brings feed for the horses. Marlee could hear Grandma B mutter something under her breath, like, "Brother, when it rains it really pours around here." So Marlee decided to cry harder. Then Marlee cried really hard when she saw Grandma B walk on her bag of cheese puffs!
Grandma B told the man where to put the horse feed, then she sat down and said, "Okay, Marlee baby, Grandma B is just going to sit here with you for awhile. We are going to slow down, not get dressed for awhile and have some Cheerios. What do you think of that?"
Marlee thought that sounded like a plan. "These are really good, thought Marlee, and the milk is delicious!"

This is sweet Marlee after her Cheerios and milk. She hoped that the rest of the day turned out just as good as these things tasted.

1 comment:

  1. Grandma B knows that Grandma Lu loves Cheerios milk. Uhmm so good!

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...