Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Stashia Tells About That Short Person

Today was the day that the little short human of Grandma B's was here again. She is so busy! She walks, and stops, and stoops over and picks things up, puts stuff over there on the table. Then she trots over by the window. Yes, I said, trot. She never is still. Me? I like to lay in the sun and daydream about bones to chew on. I like to think that someday I will chase a squirrel and be outside when I chase it. I would really like to think that someday I will be petted with a hand that wasn't sticky. That little short person's hands are always sticky!
Let me tell you about today though. She was all dressed when she got here. Then she made a mess, Grandma B had to change her clothes. Then I couldn't believe it; I looked at her fingernails and they were blue! Yes they were, they were blue. No respectable dog would have blue nails, that's for sure. What a bother.
 My day was going from okay to not so good when Grandma B took that little girl out to her porch. Well that's where my treats are! Oh no! She's going to eat my treats! Grandma B saved the day. She had a jar of treats for that little girl that she calls Marlee and a jar of treats for me. Well that little girl just helped herself to my treats! I'm telling you what. I couldn't believe my eyes and then something wonderful happened. That little short person gave me one of her cookies. Just like that! I could have just kissed her, but then she put one of my treats in her mouth. Yes she did.
Oh, it gets worse. Grandma B told Marlee not to eat my treats because they were nasty. What? If they are so nasty why does Grandma B buy them for me and gives that little short person the good stuff?
I think I have to think about my day. I think it's quiet in the living room. I really need some piece and quiet.
She did give me a cookie though.....

4 comments:

  1. Little short people are sometimes rather trying to big dogs, but they stick around for the treats that drop on the floor. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am again re-posting this for folks that have not ween Marlee when she was just a little short person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope people are taking advantage of the recaps

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...