Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Marlee Does Not Like Alarm Clocks

"My morning started off just terrible. Grandma B found a dumb old alarm clock and put it in my room. It made a terible noise at 5:00 this morning and scared me half to death. I couldn't sleep through all that racket. Grandma B came into my room and yelled at me. Yeah, she yelled at me, Stashia." 'Get out of bed, Marlee, or you'll be late for work.' That's what she said to me. "I told Grandma B to quit being grumpy. Then she told me to quit being grumpy and to get up, get dressed and have something to eat. I don't think that I can take this every morning. Oh Stashia, what have I done?"

Well, Marlee was late to work. Mrs. Sandy was not happy. "Marlee, you have a dirty face, your hair is not in a pony tail, and you still do not have your shoes on. Did you forget again?" Marlee gave Mrs. Sandy a sad look. 
"Okay, Marlee, I will give you one more chance to show me that you are a good worker. You need to do the dirty dishes that I made fixing the farmers their breakfast. I made them biscuits and gravy and fried eggs. That makes a lot of dirty dishes. So you go to the kitchen and get to work. I put the water and soap in the sink for you. I also put a box by the sink so that you can reach the dishes."
"I love biscuits and gravy, Mrs. Sandy, can I have some before I go to work:"
Mrs. Sandy said, "Didn't you eat before you came to work?" Marlee said, "Yes, but only a cookie. I got up late this morning." Mrs. Sandy said, "Well, you do some dishes. I will get you something to eat, then you and I are going to talk to Grandma B."
Mrs. Sandy left a girl in the kitchen to keep an eye on Marlee while she went out to the cafe to talk to Grandma B. Oh how they laughed. "Well, I guess our little trick worked. She doesn't like to have an alarm clock and a cookie for breakfast. I don't think that she lied to get all gussied up and wearing shoes in the morning either. This was so much fun. I just love that little girl. Let's go get all three of us some biscuits and gravy. I have a feeling I am still going to need a bake chef for my cafe."

And she was right. Miss Marlee has lots of time before she goes to work. She needs to play with the dogs and cats and hunt for treasures. She can ride her big wheel and drive her convertible when there is news about town. Who knows, there might be some big news sooner than you think.



7 comments:

  1. Marlee says when it's dark you should still be in bed! I agree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently from the time of your comment Lu, you really haven't embraced Marlee's thinking! You may need to work on that part. :)

      Delete
    2. I know little brother, 4 o'clock today. Marie needs me.

      Delete
  2. Marlee love her sleep, she is usually always ready to hit the bed and ALWAYS wakes up happy unless you wake her up lol then she is kinda cranky.
    Glad she learned the lesson because I want to have her here every chance I get!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you should. You are one lucky lady, my dear.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Marlee. Too early to be up.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...