Monday, July 23, 2018

Marlee's Interview Didn't Go As Planned

The day of Marlee's interview arrived and she was so excited. She had gotten an interview set up and Grandma B was taking her to the cafe. It seemed like it was taking an awfully long time to get there, but no matter, she was ready.
She checked her hair; her pony tail was still in place; check. Her face and hands were clean; check. She had on her new outfit, check. It seemed like she was forgetting something, but she couldn't figure out what. "Oh well, she thought. I am ready as I'll ever be. Boy this growing up stuff is hard. You have to remember so much stuff. And we had to get up so early this morning, I hardly had time for breakfast!"
Finally Grandma B and Marlee arrived at the cafe just in the nick of time. She was almost late. Stashia had warned her to be on time, but "B" had to stop for gas for the car. Then she had to get a drink while she was there. "Errr!"
When they walked into the cafe a girl greeted them and asked them where they would like to sit. Marlee said, "I'm Marlee, and I am here to interview for the chef job."
The girl just looked at her and then at Grandma B and started to choke when B gave her "the look." She said, "Follow me back here to the office." Marlee turned to B and started to take her hand. But B said, "Hey, you wanted this job, you have to do this on your own."
Marlee followed the girl to the office and sat down on the couch like a lady and waited for the person to interview her.
 Interview was a hard word. Stashia had said that when you get interviewed they ask a lot of questions. You have to tell them what experience you have and stuff. "Well, I have a lot of experience. I help Grandma B all the time. I even brought some cobbler with me so this person can taste it. They will hire me alright."
Marlee was very confident in her ability to be a bake chef and had no doubt that she would be hired on the spot.
When the office door opened Marlee got the surprise of her life. It was Mrs. Sandy! Mrs. Sandy was a good friend of Grandma B's and Marlee loved her. She had taken care of Marlee when Grandma B had hurt her back. Marlee thought to herself, "This is easier than I ever thought it would be. I've got this."
Then Marlee heard this: "Where are your shoes, young lady? You cannot go into a cafe without your shoes on. Furthermore, what are you doing in my office without your Grandma B?"
Marlee said in a soft voice, "I want to be a bake chef here at this cafe. Stashia told me to wear shoes and I forgot. I'm sorry. Grandma B said that I had to do this on my own. It was my idea, it wasn't "B's", but I did bring you a sample of some peach cobbler that I made. Once you taste it you will hire me I'm sure." Marlee showed Mrs. Sandy the peach cobbler that she had helped make.
Mrs. Sandy said, "Oh, Marlee, you brought me a cobbler with a piece missing! You don't expect me to serve that to my customers, do you?"

Marlee's bottom lip started to tremble. Mrs. Sandy had an idea. She said, "I'll tell you what, Marlee, I'm going to give you a job, but it's hard work and long hours and very little pay. It's a very important job, however, do you want it?"
Marlee jumped at the chance and said, yes before she asked what it was. Then Mrs. Sandy said, "Ok, Marlee see you at 6:00 in the morning. Remember shoes on, and hair in pony tails and be ready to work."
Marlee was so happy then she said, "What am I going to do, Mrs. Sandy?"
This was Marlee's face when she heard what her new job was.


2 comments:

  1. Next time Marlee learns what "starting at the bottom rung" means. She is not a happy camper! She also thinks about growing up too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha that is hilarious, I can only imagine what her job will be. Cant wait

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...