Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Poppy

Poppy lived in a little town in Oklahoma. He had a reputation for being an escape artist. He loved to roam the neighborhood to see what everyone was doing. His need to travel came naturally to him. His great great great grandfather was a very famous traveler/actor or at least that is what he was told. His name was Tramp. Oh that was quite a story! He had been told about Tramp all his life especially when he was "bad" as the humans like to say.




 "Well, without me, my lady wouldn't get near enough exercise She loves to visit with her neighbors. I just give her an excuse to get out and get some fresh air. Though she just wasn't exactly thrilled to go get me when I decided to explore one day when it was raining."
"Oh I was having the time of my life. You just can't believe how much fun it is in the "outside world." The sights and sounds and especially the wonderful smells are just delightful. Oh this is so  much fun. I must go jogging again soon. Oh oh, here comes my human; Don. Doggone it! He captured me again! I don't care. I love to ride in the car too!"


"My humans have friends they call it. Well those friends fixed my favorite hole in my fence, so now I can't get out and see the world. Surely I can find something interesting to see and do in my prison called a yard."

Poppy's human had a wonderful shed in the backyard. She decorated it with sunflowers. It was a great place to go and lay in the shade when Poppy felt the need to relax. The humans had left a little pile of cool dirt for him to lay on. From that little pile of dirt he could see a good distance away. He could also hear something that was going on inside that shed!





"As time went by the sunflowers dwindled in size to just one. One poor little sunflower on my shed. She says it shows the neighbors she has class. Such a funny human."

Being a very curious little dog he could see no way inside the shed so he decided that he would chew his way in. He did this just a little at a time. When his lady and her husband were gone it was a wonderful time for him to chew. It seemed to him that the more he chewed the noisier it got inside. He just had to see what was in there!
"Oh no, not again. They have a doctor appointment and want me to go in the house. No way! I have work to do. I am going to dig my way under this shed. She can't reach under the shed, I don't think...

3 comments:

  1. Poppy doesn't realize that sometimes what we wish for can lead us down a path we don't want to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor poppy is in for a big surprise I thing , and will learn a good lesson

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha I can see mischief about to happen.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...