Friday, September 2, 2022

Grandma Lu Reminisces And Pats Her Computer Goodbye For Awhile

 "That little girl isn't my real granddaughter, but I worry about her like she is. She will be just fine, but she's so little." She shook her head as she headed back to her computer. She saw the cowboy hat laying on the chair and grinned. "I have such fun writing stories for Marlee and now her little sister. Of course, over the years she has had lots of children and grownups join her in her adventures. It's been such  fun. And Marleewood! Now that was the perfect place for making friends, getting your hair done and even your picture taken. Marlee had her own cooking show there. It had a huge community room where her friends and parents and grandparents would sometimes listen to Grandma Lu tell stories. Oh and the parties they had! The best room that it had though was the Quiet Room. Oh what a perfect place. A place with a bay window, book shelves and of course, an easy chair to just rest and unwind. Oh how I loved Marleewood. However, things change, the world changes as well as the people. Folks get old and children grow up, just look at Marlee. She was sixteen months old and in a stroller for her first story. Since then she has been on one adventure after another. Now she is starting a new adventure of her own, not one that I write for her. She's in school now and she will make friends and together they will have their own stories to share. 


Grandma Lu sat down in front of her computer and thought, "I really don't have time to write another chapter for Marlee today. Fran is anxious to get the camper ready for our trip. I guess I am too. It will be such fun to go see the "kids" I graduated from high school with over sixty years ago. I can't forget to put my year books in the camper." 
She went to the cupboard where she kept her year books and her ancient scrapbooks and grinned. "Not a wrinkle on that eighteen year old face in those days. Oh well, I'm sure my classmates have a few wrinkles too."


"Okay computer. I'll be back in a couple of weeks and we will get back to the Next Generation on the Double D Dude Ranch." She shut her computer down, patted  the edge of her desk and thought, "Okay, old girl. Get packin'. You just might have an adventure of your own!"


4 comments:

  1. A vacation is just what this old girl needs. It will be fun to see folks I haven't seen in many years. Old friends in one state, family that is long gone in another. Plus renewing old friendships probably for the last time. So this vacation is bitter sweet for sure. So long! Be back soon. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve this Vacation and I am thinking you will have some good stories to tell while your gone. Be safe and know we Love you Gma Lu.
    Marlee, Whitlee, and Grandma B

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...