Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Mr. Brown the Bunny Rabbit

One day Grandma Lu looked out her window to look at her garden. Her garden was all kinds of different colors.
Her tomatoes were red.
Her green beans were green.
Her corn was yellow.
Everything was growing so well
Then Grandma Lu  yelled, "No, no no!"
There munching on her green lettuce was Mr. Brown.
Mr. Brown was a big brown rabbit. He loved to eat vegetables that Grandma Lu raised in her garden every year. 
"Oh, Mr. Brown, don't eat all of my lettuce or I won't have enough to make a salad!" I have a little friend, Winter, who just loves vegetables. I need to save some for her!!
Mr. Brown looked at the window where Grandma Lu was yelling from. He twitched his long ears and kept munching.
Grandma Lu had an idea. "Okay, you and I will share my garden. You eat half the lettuce and I can have half the lettuce. How does that sound to you, Mr. Brown?"
Mr. Brown stopped munching the lettuce and looked at Grandma Lu again. He seemed to be thinking about her "deal." All at once Mr. Brown hippity hopped away from her garden. Grandma Lu was amazed. Mr. Brown looked like he was smiling.
After that day Mr. Brown left half of the garden for Grandma Lu to share with other people who didn't have vegetables. 
"Oh what a nice rabbit Mr. Brown is" she thought. He can come and eat some of my vegetables anytime he wants to.

1 comment:

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...